Prep 15 mins
Cook 20 mins
I am playing around with this basic recipe. It seems a little bland at this stage and I would appreciate any feedback and ideas for tweaking to add more flavor. Thanks.
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves
- 1⁄2 cup mayonnaise (Hellman's or Dukes is best)
- 1⁄2 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1 cup breadcrumbs (I prefer panko)
- 4 tablespoons freshly grated parmesan cheese
- salt and pepper
- Pre heat oven to 450 degrees.
- Pound breast between sheets of plastic wrap to 1/4 inch thick. Place on parchment lined baking sheet, sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Mix mayonnaise and mozarella cheese and spread over breast portions.
- Sprinkle with bread crumbs and parmesan.
- Bake for 20 to 25 minutes until golden brown and crispy on top.
This dish seems a lot like chicken parmesan. What I do with the bread crumbs is mix in spices to it (my mom and I generally use Tony Chachere's (R)). We do this whenever we bread chicken to add good flavor. Plus might I suggest marinara sause to it? Just an idea.