Prep 10 mins
Cook 45 mins
This is a very simple dish to make, with lots of gooey cheese! A friend gave this recipe to me.
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1 (10 1/2 ounce) can cream of chicken soup
- 8 ounces shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1⁄2 cup Italian seasoned breadcrumbs
- 1⁄3 cup melted butter or 1⁄3 cup margarine
- Place chicken in baking dish and cover with soup.
- Sprinkle cheese evenly over soup.
- Sprinkle bread crumbs over cheese.
- Drizzle with melted butter.
- Bake for 40-45 minutes at 350 until golden and bubbly.
Really nice flavour! But, there was just so much sauce - served it over mashed potatoes but still had plenty left.
Yummy, gooey, comfort food.
I made this on 8/31/08 for our dinner.Since there was just myself and my SO only two chicken breast were used.I did use the full amount of soup, so there would be enough sauce for the pasta that was served with it.The amount of cheese was cut down to 4 ounces, the bread crumbs were cut down to 1/8 cup and divided evenly over the cheese covered chicken,and I cut the amount of melted margarine to 1/4 cup. I did however have to bake the chicken for at least 15 more minutes. ( the chicken was a bit on the thick side,) If I make this again, I'll pound them to be a little bit thinner to make sure they are baked evenly and also so they'll bake quicker. This was a very good recipe. I mean how can you go wrong with a recipe that has chicken and cheese ? Thanks for posting and "Keep Smiling :) "