1/5 Photos of Chicken Mozzarella
1 hr 25 mins
This is one of the BEST chicken dinners I have ever had! Some of the measurements are a guesstimate. I usually buy the big tray of chicken breasts from the store. Most of the time I buy 2 of them because they freeze really well, but usually they never make it to the freezer.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 6 -8 boneless skinless chicken breasts (fileted so you can stuff them and wrap them back up or you can pound them flat about a 1/4 in. thick)
- salt and pepper
- 3/4 cup butter, melted
- 1 teaspoon marjoram
- 1 teaspoon thyme
- 3/4 lb mozzarella cheese, thinly sliced (can use pre-shredded, however, it tends to fall out but it will work)
- 1 egg, beaten with
- 1 tablespoon water
- Italian seasoned breadcrumbs (for dredging)
- 1 cup white zinfandel wine
- 1Preheat oven to 375 degrees Fahrenheit.
- 2Filet chicken breast or have the butcher do it at the grocery store; I do this and it saves a lot of time.
- 3Add marjoram and thyme to melted butter.
- 4Salt and pepper chicken breast.
- 5Brush with melted butter mixture on both sides.
- 6Place the mozzarella on chicken breast then roll up.
- 7Dip roll in beaten egg/water mixture then in bread crumbs.
- 8Place in a 9x13 pyrex dish (or whatever you have).
- 9Repeat with remaining filets.
- 10Pour remaining butter over the top of the chicken (sometimes I'll melt some more butter just to make sure all the chicken gets butter on it).
- 11Bake in 375 degree Fahrenheit oven uncovered for 45 minutes.
- 12After 45 minutes; remove from oven; pour 1 cup white zinfandel wine over entire chicken.
- 13Return to hot oven for another 15 minutes, basting with the juices every 5 minutes or so.
- 14Then you are done. The sauce it makes is wonderful so don't forget to ladle some over the chicken when you plate it up. I also recommend mashed potatoes to go with it and pour the sauce over those as well.
Browse Our Top Very Low Carbs Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chicken Mozzarella
Serving Size: 1 (160 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 520.6
- Calories from Fat 356
- Total Fat 39.5 g
- Saturated Fat 22.9 g
- Cholesterol 212.4 mg
- Sodium 707.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 1.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.0 g
- Sugars 0.6 g
- Protein 38.9 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
white zinfandel wine