Prep 20 mins
Cook 50 mins
serve with rice ,pickle and salad
- 250 g skinless chicken
- 150 g dried yellow split peas (Moong Dal)
- 1 large onion, sliced
- 2 tomatoes, chopped
- 4 green chilies
- 6 garlic cloves (peeled)
- 1⁄2 inch gingerroot, minced
- 1⁄4 tablespoon garam masala
- 1 teaspoon cumin powder
- 1 teaspoon coriander powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon turmeric powder
- 2 tablespoons oil
- clean dal and boil with enough water,salt and turmeric till soft then mashed it with water .
- Cut the chicken into 2-3inch pieces.Put the onions,garlic,ginger,salt, chili powder, ground coriander, chicken and 1,1/2cups water in a heavy based pot. cook for 10 to 15 minutes, or until the meat is half cook.
- Add oil ,tomatoes and green chillies and cook for 5 minutes.
- then add mashed dal with water.
- and cook for 10 to 15 minutes .then sprinkle Garam Masala.