Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 15 mins
Cook 40 mins
This is good served with mashed potatoes.
Make and share this Chicken Monterey recipe from Food.com.
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 4 dashes salt
- 4 dashes pepper
- 2 teaspoons chopped fresh parsley
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried tarragon
- 4 ounces monterey jack cheese (cut into thin sticks( about 2 inches or so)
- 12 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 12 tablespoons seasoned dry bread crumbs
- 4 beaten eggs
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 4 tablespoons cooking oil
- Pound the chicken breasts to about 1/4 inch of thickness.
- Season inside with the salt, pepper, parsley, and tarragon.
- Put the cheese in the center of the chicken and then fold the chicken around it.
- Roll in the flour.
- Dip in the egg.
- Roll in the breadcrumbs.
- Place in refrigerator for 30 minutes seam side down.
- Saute the chicken in skillet with butter and oil on both sides until brown
- Bake uncovered at 375 degrees for 40 minutes.