This is good served with mashed potatoes.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 4 dashes salt
- 4 dashes pepper
- 2 teaspoons chopped fresh parsley
- 1/2 teaspoon dried tarragon
- 4 ounces monterey jack cheese (cut into thin sticks( about 2 inches or so)
- 12 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 12 tablespoons seasoned dry bread crumbs
- 4 beaten eggs
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 4 tablespoons cooking oil
- 1Pound the chicken breasts to about 1/4 inch of thickness.
- 2Season inside with the salt, pepper, parsley, and tarragon.
- 3Put the cheese in the center of the chicken and then fold the chicken around it.
- 4Roll in the flour.
- 5Dip in the egg.
- 6Roll in the breadcrumbs.
- 7Place in refrigerator for 30 minutes seam side down.
- 8Saute the chicken in skillet with butter and oil on both sides until brown
- 9Bake uncovered at 375 degrees for 40 minutes.
Browse Our Top Chicken Breast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chicken Monterey
Serving Size: 1 (272 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 703.2
- Calories from Fat 378
- Total Fat 42.0 g
- Saturated Fat 17.0 g
- Cholesterol 337.4 mg
- Sodium 925.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 32.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.7 g
- Sugars 1.8 g
- Protein 46.4 g