Recipe by startnover
This is a quick meal to prepare ahead of time refrigerate and pop in the oven.
Top Review by flower7
This was very tasty. I halved the recipe because I had a half can of green chiles to use (though I realize now it was a 4.5 oz can not 7, but I thought there was plenty of chiles). I used light sour cream, garlic jack cheese, and pickled jalapenos. I thought there was plenty of sauce for rice, and next time I will make some (I thought I had rice in the pantry but did not so went without this time). The chicken was perfectly cooked and super moist. Thanks for sharing!
- 4 boneless chicken breasts
- 1 1⁄2 cups sour cream
- 1 (7 ounce) can green chilies
- 1 minced garlic clove
- 4 spring onions, chopped
- 2 cups monterey jack cheese
- 2 tablespoons sliced jalapenos
- salt and pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Place chicken breasts in bottom of casserole dish and season with salt and pepper.
- Mix sour cream, chillies, garlic, onions,and 1 c cheese.
- Pour over chicken.
- Sprinkle jalapeños on top of chicken cover dish and bake at 350° for 30 minutes.
- Sprinkle remaining cheese on top and cook for another 15 minutes.
- Serve over rice.