Recipe by Tish
My DH came home with a jar of mole and I had no idea what to do with it. I came up with this variation of a recipe found on the net!
- 1 cut-up whole chicken
- salt and pepper
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 1 (8 1/4 ounce) jar mole
- 4 cups chicken broth
- 1 cup sliced almonds
- 1⁄4 cup sesame seeds
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350°F Rinse chicken pieces and place on a rack in a baking pan. Spray with coating spray or brush with olive oil. Season with salt and pepper.
- Bake uncovered at 350°F for 1 hour or until internal juices are no longer pink.
- Heat oil in 2-quart saucepan. Stir in mole and heat for 1 to 2 minutes; stir constantly.
- Add chicken broth; stir to dissolve mole. Bring to boiling, reduce heat and simmer, covered with lid slightly off kilter, for 1 hour. Stir frequently.
- Spread almonds on a cookie sheet. Bake at 350°F until lightly toasted (about 2 to 3 minutes); stir frequently and watch carefully so they will not burn.
- Remove chicken from oven and transfer to serving plate. Top with almonds, some of the mole mixture and sesame seed. Serve with remaining mole mixture.
- Also good stuffed in a tortilla!