Prep 45 mins
Cook 20 mins
This is one of the few MOLE recipes that do not call for chocolate as one of the ingredients. Great authentic Mexican taste! You'll be glad you tried this one!!!
- Boil chicken approx 25 minutes until fully cooked.
- Cool and debone meat.
- Reserve broth.
- De-seed chiles-- In a small pan add chiles with enough water to cover and boil until tender.
- Remove chiles from water and placed in blender with garlic and a small amount of chicken broth.
- Puree this mixture.
- In a pot add puree, 2 cups of chicken broth and the deboned chicken meat.
- Bring to a simmer.
- Taste and add salt to your own liking.
- If needed, thicken mixture with corn starch mixed with about 1 cup of water.
- Use only enough of this miture to get desire consistency of MOLE.
- Simmer for about 10-15 mins.
- Serve over Spanish rice.
This is a very nice green Mole. Nice flavor with just enough spice. It was easy to make with few ingredients. I steamed some rice in the leftover chicken broth. Very nice recipe! Thanks for sharing it!