Prep 10 mins
Cook 2 hrs
A traditional Mexican recipe that a friend recommends.
Make and share this Chicken Mole recipe from Food.com.
- 6 chicken breasts
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- 1⁄4 cup raisins
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cumin
- 1⁄4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 green pepper, chopped
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 3 slices pimento pepper, chopped
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 2 large tomatoes, peeled, seeded and chopped
- 1 grated orange, rind of
- 2 ounces unsweetened chocolate squares, chopped
- 2 tablespoons chili powder (or to taste)
- 2 1⁄2 cups chicken broth
- 1⁄4 cup light rum
- 1⁄4 cup slivered almonds
- In casserole, heat oil and cook garlic for a few moments to flavour oil; add chicken and brown.
- Remove chicken.
- In remaining fat, cook onion, green pepper, pimento, and tomato over gentle heat for 10 minutes.
- To onion mixture, add chili powder, blending well.
- Add broth, almonds, raisins, seasonings, and rind; simmer, covered, 30 minutes longer.
- Add chocolate, stirring until melted.
- Replace chicken, spooning sauce over.
- Bake, covered, at 350 degrees for 1 hour, or until chicken is tender.
- Warm rum, ignite it, and pour over contents of casserole; allow to stand for a few minutes.
I don't know about the prep time. I'm pretty good in the kitchen, but chopping and grating everything was the most time consuming. I didn't use the raisins, but otherwise this was SUPER! It is pretty time consuming even without the cooking, so its more of a weekend treat here. Thank you so much for sharing this Izzy :)