I don't remember where I got this recipe but I thought it was good enough to handwrite on one of my recipe cards. I do remember that the feta was really great with it and seemed to bring out the flavors.
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- cooking spray
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- salt, to taste
- pepper, to taste
- 1 -2 tablespoon oil
- 1 medium onion, finely chopped
- 4 fresh garlic cloves, minced
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 (28 ounce) can diced tomatoes
- 1 tablespoon cocoa powder
- cooked rice, to serve
- cilantro, to garnish (optional)
- feta cheese, to garnish (optional but recommended)
- sour cream, to garnish (optional)
- Spray chicken with oil and coat with chili powder, salt and pepper.
- Pan fry chicken over medium-high heat until done.
- Cut chicken into strips and set aside.
- Heat oil in skillet. Add onion, garlic, cinnamon and cumin and cook until onion is soft.
- Add tomatoes, simmer uncovered 10 minutes.
- Add cocoa, simmer uncovered 5 minutes.
- Add chicken, simmer uncovered 5 minutes or until heated through.
- Serve over rice with garnishes.