1/1 Photo of Chicken Mole
I don't remember where I got this recipe but I thought it was good enough to handwrite on one of my recipe cards. I do remember that the feta was really great with it and seemed to bring out the flavors.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- cooking spray
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- salt, to taste
- pepper, to taste
- 1 -2 tablespoon oil
- 1 medium onion, finely chopped
- 4 fresh garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 (28 ounce) can diced tomatoes
- 1 tablespoon cocoa powder
- cooked rice, to serve
- cilantro, to garnish (optional)
- feta cheese, to garnish (optional but recommended)
- sour cream, to garnish (optional)
- 1Spray chicken with oil and coat with chili powder, salt and pepper.
- 2Pan fry chicken over medium-high heat until done.
- 3Cut chicken into strips and set aside.
- 4Heat oil in skillet. Add onion, garlic, cinnamon and cumin and cook until onion is soft.
- 5Add tomatoes, simmer uncovered 10 minutes.
- 6Add cocoa, simmer uncovered 5 minutes.
- 7Add chicken, simmer uncovered 5 minutes or until heated through.
- 8Serve over rice with garnishes.
Browse Our Top Chicken Breast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chicken Mole
Serving Size: 1 (392 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 239.1
- Calories from Fat 52
- Total Fat 5.8 g
- Saturated Fat 1.0 g
- Cholesterol 68.4 mg
- Sodium 528.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 18.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.5 g
- Sugars 8.7 g
- Protein 29.8 g