Prep 0 mins
Cook 0 mins
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 2 green onions, finely chopped
- 1 clove garlic
- 1 teaspoon cocoa powder
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cumin, ground
- 1 (1 1/4 cup) can tomato puree (300 ml)
- 2 tablespoons raisins
- 1⁄4 cup water
- 2 tablespoons fresh coriander, chopped
- Preheat oven to 400F.
- Place the chicken breasts in a baking dish and set aside. In a large non-stick saucepan, heat the oil.
- Add the green onions and garlic and saute over medium heat for 1 minute. Add the tomato puree, raisins, water and coriander and cook over low heat for about 10 minutes uncovered.
- Pour the sauce over the chicken and bake for 30-45 minutes until chicken is cooked through.
Thanks for this recipe. I had this at a Latin restuarant a while ago and loved it. Now thanks to you I can make it at home. And it was so simple to make.
BTW, raisins are a good addition only I would use golden raisins and mush them up with a mortar and pestle or food processor. If you like you mole sweet try adding agave syrup which is a little better on the glycemic index and has a very nice full bodied flavor the marries well with the mole.
i read the reviews and decided to make this, it was bland and i wasnt sure if i should put the seasonings on the chicken or in the sauce, any ideas how to make this better or get clearer directions for the ingredients?