Jazz Lover's Note:
I absolutely love Provel cheese. This is a smooth and creamy dish.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Dredge chicken in bread crumbs.
- 2Brush 1/4 cup melted butter on chicken to moisten bread crumbs.
- 3Broil or grill about 6-8 minutes per side or until fully cooked.
- 4Set aside.
- 5Mash 1/2 cup butter with flour to make a creamy mixture.
- 6Set aside.
- 7Bring chicken stock to a boil in large pan.
- 8Add reserved butter-flour mixture to stock.
- 9Bring to a boil again, stirring until mixture thickens.
- 10Reduce heat to simmer.
- 11Add ham, lemon juice and wine.
- 12Let simmer about 5 minutes.
- 13Place chicken pieces in sauce in shallow casserole dish.
- 14Top chicken with cheese.
- 15Place in preheated 350 degree oven just until cheese melts, about 3-4 minutes.
- 16Transfer to plates with ham spooned over chicken with sauce on top.
Browse Our Top Chicken Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chicken Modiga
Serving Size: 1 (413 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 973.6
- Calories from Fat 614
- Total Fat 68.2 g
- Saturated Fat 37.7 g
- Cholesterol 232.8 mg
- Sodium 1572.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 29.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.6 g
- Sugars 3.9 g
- Protein 54.4 g
The following items or measurements are not included: