Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
Cooking LIght. May 2003
Make and share this Chicken Mint and Coleslaw Wraps recipe from Food.com.
- 4 (6 ounce) boneless skinless chicken breast halves
- 1⁄8 teaspoon salt
- cooking spray
- 1⁄3 cup fresh lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon bottled ground fresh ginger
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 1⁄4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 3 cups angel hair Coleslaw
- 1⁄2 cup chopped of fresh mint
- 1 poblano chile, halved lengthwise, seeded, and thinly sliced
- 6 (8 inch) flour tortillas
- Place each chicken breast half between 2 sheets of heavy-duty plastic wrap; pound to 1/4-inch thickness using a meat mallet or rolling pin.
- Sprinkle chicken with salt. Heat a large nonstick skillet coated with cooking spray over medium-high heat.
- Add chicken; sauté 4 1/2 minutes on each side or until done. Remove chicken to a cutting board, and cut into thin strips.
- Combine juice, ginger, sugar, and red pepper in a large bowl. Add chicken strips, coleslaw, mint, and chile, tossing well to coat.
- Warm tortillas according to package directions. Divide chicken mixture evenly among tortillas; roll up. Cut each rolled tortilla in half crosswise.
I have a huge mint plant in my backyard and this is a delicous, healthy, low-carb way to use it up! Very fresh twist on traditional wraps.