Recipe by Paul Elliott
I came up with this by playing with my method for chicken parmigiana. The idea came from a restaurant veal dish that had green peppers. I've taken it a few steps further. This is also a delicious recipe for veal.
Top Review by awalde
Thanks for the moist chicken recipe. This was a success. The only problem was that we had tooo much coating. So we prepared with the remaining coating a small frittata that we added to the chicken in the pan.
- 1 cup milk
- 1 egg
- 3⁄4 cup breadcrumbs
- 1⁄4 cup parmesan cheese
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- 1 teaspoon basil
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 5 white mushrooms, sliced
- 1⁄2 green pepper, sliced in rings
- 1⁄2 white onion, sliced and in rings
- 2 cups marinara sauce (I use recipe 95168)
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
Directions See How It's Made
- Pound chicken breasts flat.
- Whisk milk and egg together in large bowl.
- Mix crumbs, parmisan and spices together on a plate.
- Heat olive oil in large frying pan.
- Dip chicken in milk mixture, then coat with bread mixture.
- Fry chicken pieces until toasty golden coloured.
- Coat a baking sheet with cooking spray.
- Spread a cup of sauce on baking sheet.
- Spread mushrooms, peppers and onions on sauce.
- Place chicken pieces on top and cover with more sauce.
- Bake at 350 F for 20 minutes.
- Remove from oven and cover chicken pieces with mozzarella.
- Return to oven for 10 minutes to melt the cheese.
- Serve with pasta.