1/1 Photo of Chicken Milano
1 hr 15 mins
Paul Elliott's Note:
I came up with this by playing with my method for chicken parmigiana. The idea came from a restaurant veal dish that had green peppers. I've taken it a few steps further. This is also a delicious recipe for veal.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 cup milk
- 1 egg
- 3/4 cup breadcrumbs
- 1/4 cup parmesan cheese
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- 1 teaspoon basil
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 5 white mushrooms, sliced
- 1/2 green pepper, sliced in rings
- 1/2 white onion, sliced and in rings
- 2 cups marinara sauce (I use recipe 95168)
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1Pound chicken breasts flat.
- 2Whisk milk and egg together in large bowl.
- 3Mix crumbs, parmisan and spices together on a plate.
- 4Heat olive oil in large frying pan.
- 5Dip chicken in milk mixture, then coat with bread mixture.
- 6Fry chicken pieces until toasty golden coloured.
- 7Coat a baking sheet with cooking spray.
- 8Spread a cup of sauce on baking sheet.
- 9Spread mushrooms, peppers and onions on sauce.
- 10Place chicken pieces on top and cover with more sauce.
- 11Bake at 350 F for 20 minutes.
- 12Remove from oven and cover chicken pieces with mozzarella.
- 13Return to oven for 10 minutes to melt the cheese.
- 14Serve with pasta.
Browse Our Top Chicken Breast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chicken Milano
Serving Size: 1 (433 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 568.9
- Calories from Fat 233
- Total Fat 25.9 g
- Saturated Fat 9.3 g
- Cholesterol 160.7 mg
- Sodium 1133.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 39.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 5.1 g
- Sugars 14.4 g
- Protein 43.2 g