Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
I found this recipe and when I made it for dinner DH absolutely raved! It is definitely not a low cal dish but its worth it! We will eat salads for a week so we can indulge with this! This is a great dish to serve to company or for special occasions.
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 2 -3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1⁄2 cup dry packaged sun-dried tomato, chopped (do not use the sun dried tomatoes packed in oil)
- 1 cup chicken broth, divided
- 1 1⁄4 cups heavy cream
- 1 lb boneless skinless chicken breast half
- salt and pepper
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh basil (do not substitue dry)
- 8 ounces dry fettuccine pasta
- 2 tablespoons parmesan cheese
- 2 green onions, chopped (optional)
- In a large saucepan over low heat, melt butter; add garlic and cook for 30 seconds.
- Add the tomatoes and 3/4 cup of the chicken broth; increase to medium heat and bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat and simmer, uncovered, for about 10 minutes or until the tomatoes are tender.
- Add the cream and bring to a boil; stirring.
- Simmer over medium heat until the sauce is thick enough to coat the back of a spoon.
- 2Sprinkle the chicken with salt and pepper on both sides.
- In a large skillet over medium heat, warm oil and saute chicken. Cook for about 4-5 minutes per side or until the meat feels springy and is no longer pink inside.
- Transfer to a board; cover with foil and keep warm.
- Pour off fat from the skillet & in the same skillet, over medium heat, bring 1/4 cup chicken broth to a boil; stirring the pan juices.
- Reduce slightly and add to the cream sauce; stir in basil and parmesan.Season with salt and pepper.(Be careful with salt though as tomatoes and parmesan are quite salty)
- Cook Fettucini until Al Dente; drain, transfer to a bowl and toss with 3 to 4 tablespoons of the sauce.
- Reheat the sauce gently if needed,and transfer the pasta to serving plates; top with chicken and coat with the cream sauce; serve.
- Sprinkle green onions on top as garnish and serve with additional parmesan cheese.
The Sundried tomatoes really add to the flavor. I put it over angel hair pasta and skipped the grn onions. It was delightful and I made enough to have leftovers for lunch! Very flavorful.