Prep 10 mins
Cook 12 mins
Found it in a clipiing awhile back. I haven't had the chance to try it myself. I thought this is a great way to keep it on file as well as share it with others. Enjoy!
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) candiced tomatoes seasoned with basil garlic & oregano
- 1 (8 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 1⁄2 red wine or 1⁄2 white wine (optional)
- 8 ounces fresh mushrooms, sliced
- Rinse chicken with cold water and pat dry with paper towels.
- Heat nonstick skillet over medium temperature for about 1 minute; then spray with vegetable oil cooking spray.
- Add chicken and cook about 5 minutes;turning once.
- Push chicken to side; add diced tomatoes,tomato sauce and wine.
- Stir in mushrooms Arrange chicken in sauce and simmer 10 to 12 minutes or until chicen is done (170F) and sauce is thickened.
- Serve chicken and sauce over linguine, if desired.