1 hr 20 mins
This recipe, from Gwyneth Paltrow, is a very basic and yummy chicken milanese, which is made special with the addition of the roasted cherry tomatoes and arugula salad. Arugula is like a super food. It's so healthy for you! The chicken couldn't be easier and the salad topping is such a nice complement. Simple and satisfying!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1 cup milk
- 2 cups breadcrumbs, plain. (I prefer to use Panko)
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 cup extra virgin olive oil
Slow-Roasted Cherry Tomatoes and Arugula
- 1To make the Slow Roasted Cherry Tomatoes & Arugula:.
- 2Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F.
- 3Put the tomatoes on a rimmed cookie sheet and drizzle with 1 tablespoon of the olive oil and a pinch of salt. Roast for about 30 minutes (depending on your oven, they may be done in as little as 20 minute or as long as 40 min.), stirring occasionally, until the tomatoes are split and blistered. Which means they are super sweet.
- 4While the chicken is cooking, toss the arugula with the remaining tablespoon of olive oil, the vinegar and pinch of salt. Fold the tomatoes into the arugula.
- 6Put the chicken breasts in between two sheets of wax paper and pound them with a mallet, until they are very, very thin - you should be able to almost see through them - about 1/6 inch thick.
- 7Mix the oregano, salt and pepper into the bread crumbs or panko and set on a plate.
- 8Put the milk into a shallow bowl.
- 9Dip each chicken piece into the milk and then dredge in the bread crumbs. You should have a thin, even coating.
- 10Heat 1/4 cup of olive oil in a large nonstick skillet. Cook the chicken for about 4 minutes on the first side, or until evenly browned and crisp. Flip and cook for another 2-3 minutes or until the other side is browned and crisp and the chicken is firm to the touch.
- 11Place a piece of chicken on each plate and mound a handful of the arugula mix over each piece.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chicken Milanese With Slow-Roasted Cherry Tomatoes and Arugula
Serving Size: 1 (387 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 712.8
- Calories from Fat 380
- Total Fat 42.3 g
- Saturated Fat 7.4 g
- Cholesterol 84.0 mg
- Sodium 1013.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 47.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.0 g
- Sugars 6.6 g
- Protein 35.9 g