Prep 15 mins
Cook 10 mins
One of my favourite 'at the last minute' recipes.
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves
- 3⁄4 cup grated parmesan cheese, plus
- 2 tablespoons grated parmesan cheese
- 3⁄4 cup fresh white breadcrumbs
- 1 tablespoon minced parsley
- 1⁄8 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 egg
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- 2 cups olive oil
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 lemon, quartered
- Flatten breasts between sheets of wax paper using rolling pin.
- Mix cheese, crumbs, parsley and salt and pepper in large bowl.
- Whisk egg with milk in medium bowl.
- Dip chicken into egg, then into crumb mixture, coating completely, and pressing to adhere.
- Shake off excess.
- Heat oil in heavy, large skillet.
- Add chicken and cook until golden-brown, about 4 minutes per side.
- Transfer to paper towels to drain.
- Transfer chicken to platter.
- Melt the butter and whisk in the lemon juice to serve as a sauce. Garnish with extra lemon wedges.
Definitely a winner in my house. Even DD#1's BF, who doesn't eat much more than pizza, sat down to a helping of this! We'll definitely be having this one again! Thank you Evelyn.
5 stars for easy and delicious! my bf loves this one - have made several times now... thanks for the recipe!
This is now a household favorite that is requested very very often!!! Thank you so much... my sons think I"m a great cook because of this recipe. Our little secret okay? :) Cheers