Prep 10 mins
Cook 1 hr 15 mins
This recipe is from the Pacific Islands. Marinating time is not included in the prep or cooking times.
- 1 1⁄2 lbs chicken, boneless, skinless, breasts or 1 1⁄2 lbs chicken thighs
- 1 (20 ounce) can pineapple tidbits
- 1⁄4 cup soy sauce
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ginger
- 1⁄4 cup onion, minced
- 1⁄4 cup coconut, grated
- Drain liquid from canned pineapple into a small mixing bowl.
- Add soy sauce and ginger and stir.
- Pour the mixture into 8x8 baking dish and place chicken inside.
- turning once to coat both sides.
- Marinade for at least and hour but as long as overnight.
- Sprinkle pineapple, onion and coconut on top of chicken
- Place in oven and bake at 350 F for about an hour and a quarter.
- Serve on rice.
A great recipe! I love the combination with taro!
I decided to slice the onion as this looks more beautiful.
Something that you can serve your guest, impress them and... you will not be too busy...it's so easy!
They will say WOW
LOVED this recipe! It was so moist, juicy and tasty. It did impress guests, we had unexpected company when I made it, and they all would have gone for seconds if there had been any ;-)
Will make this again often. Thanks for posting!
Made for ZWT 7.
This is an easy elegant dish that will impress any guest. I served with rice, green salad, and a crusty bread. All recipes should be so simple and so good. Thanks for posting! Made for ZWT Witchin Kitchen.