1/1 Photo of Chicken Mexicana
Mary K. W.'s Note:
This is a recipe that I've had for years. I'm not even sure now where I got it. It's fairly quick to put together and makes for a very satisfying meal.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Sprinkle chicken with garlic salt.
- 2Heat butter in 10-inch skillet over medium heat. Add chicken; cook 5 minutes. Turn chicken.
- 3Add onion and green pepper around edges of chicken. Cook 5 minutes or until chicken is tender and juices run clear.
- 4Place rice on serving platter. Remove chicken from skillet and place over rice; keep warm.
- 5Add picante sauce and cheese to skillet. Cook and stir until cheese is melted and sauce is hot.
- 6Pour over chicken and rice; sprinkle with cilantro. Serve with additional picante sauce.
Browse Our Top Chicken Breast Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Chicken Breast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chicken Mexicana
Serving Size: 1 (348 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 639.3
- Calories from Fat 125
- Total Fat 13.9 g
- Saturated Fat 8.0 g
- Cholesterol 99.3 mg
- Sodium 970.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 85.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.0 g
- Sugars 2.7 g
- Protein 39.8 g