Prep 15 mins
Cook 20 mins
This is a recipe that I've had for years. I'm not even sure now where I got it. It's fairly quick to put together and makes for a very satisfying meal.
- Sprinkle chicken with garlic salt.
- Heat butter in 10-inch skillet over medium heat. Add chicken; cook 5 minutes. Turn chicken.
- Add onion and green pepper around edges of chicken. Cook 5 minutes or until chicken is tender and juices run clear.
- Place rice on serving platter. Remove chicken from skillet and place over rice; keep warm.
- Add picante sauce and cheese to skillet. Cook and stir until cheese is melted and sauce is hot.
- Pour over chicken and rice; sprinkle with cilantro. Serve with additional picante sauce.
This was very good. I used chicken tenders and cut them up after they were cooked and added to the sauce to reheat. Very simple weeknight meal. Would be good topped with a little sour cream.