1/3 Photos of Chicken Mexican Soup ( for Canning )
4 hrs 30 mins
1 hr 30 mins
Belinda M.'s Note:
A canning recipe for Chicken Mexican Soup. I came up with this great tasting soup by following safe canning guidelines. I pressure can soup every summer to enjoy through the winter. It is easy and taste great! This recipe makes 7 quarts.
My Private Note
7 Quart ...
Units: US | Metric
- 3 large boneless chicken breasts (cooked, shredded or cubed )
- 1 1/2 cups carrots (sliced )
- 2 cups celery (sliced )
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 2 (14 1/2 ounce) cans Rotel Tomatoes
- 2 (15 ounce) cans kidney beans (rinsed and drained )
- 4 cups diced tomatoes (fresh or canned )
- 6 cups water
- 6 cups chicken broth
- 3 cups corn (frozen or fresh cut kernels from cob)
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 tablespoon canning salt
- 3 garlic cloves (minced)
- 3 chicken bouillon cubes
- 1Boil chicken covered in water until done. When chicken has cooled you can shred it or cut into 1-inch cubes. Set aside.
- 2Prepare pressure canner. Heat jars and lids in simmering water until ready for use. ( do not boil ).
- 3In large pot add all ingredients except chicken. Bring to a boil, cover and simmer 3 minutes. Add chicken and boil lightly for 5 minutes.
- 4Ladle hot soup into hot jars leaving 1-inch headspace, remove air bubbles and wipe rim of jar. Center hot lid on jar. Apply band and adjust until fingertip tight. Place jars into pressure canner.
- 5Process quarts at 11 pounds pressure for 90 minutes or pints for 75 minutes ( adjust for altitude if needed ).
- 6Remove jars and cool. Check lids for seal after 24 hours. Lids should not flex up and down when center is pressed.
- 7THIS RECIPE YIELDS 7 QUARTS!
Browse Our Top Low Protein Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Low Protein Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chicken Mexican Soup ( for Canning )
Serving Size: 1 (963 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 7
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 371.9
- Calories from Fat 84
- Total Fat 9.3 g
- Saturated Fat 2.4 g
- Cholesterol 39.9 mg
- Sodium 2971.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 46.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 10.8 g
- Sugars 11.5 g
- Protein 28.5 g