Recipe by joy.williamson
This recipe is a great summer recipe for using excess zucchini. It's the only dish using zucchini that I'll eat. Other zucchini hates I know also love this dish. If you're short on time grab a roasted chicken from the supermarket. Also, to keep from heating up the kitchen in the summer, I cook this in an electric skillet. Easy cleanup is a plus.
Top Review by Ginny Sue
This dish was extremely easy to make with leftover cooked chicken. Great Mexican flavor and easy clean-up with only one pan to wash. I used one 16-ounce jar on Pace picante sauce, and about 2 cups of mixed cheddar-jack cheese. Great served with hot flour tortillas.
- 3 cups cooked chicken, coarsely chopped
- 3 -4 cups picante sauce
- 2 small zucchini, peeled, sliced
- 1 large onion, coarsely chopped
- 3 cups pre-shredded mozzarella cheese
Directions See How It's Made
- In pre-heated skillet (350 degrees on electric skillet), saute onion and zucchini in one cup of water until onion is translucent. Drain off any water.
- Add chicken and Picante sauce to skillet.
- Once mixture begins to bubble, top with cheese. Cover skillet and heat until cheese is melted.
- Serve with salad and steamed tortillas.