From the Indian chef Sanjeev Kapoor. Super easy and Super Tasty. A staple at our home Kasoori Methi is availablein Indian Grocery Stores
- 750 g chicken
- 2 bay leaves
- 2 -3 cardamom pods
- 1 tablespoon garam masala powder
- 2 cups onions, chopped
- 2 tablespoons garlic paste
- 2 tablespoons ginger paste
- 2 tablespoons green chilies, chopped
- 1 cup yogurt
- 2 tablespoons dried fenugreek leaves (Kasoori Methi)
- 1 teaspoon turmeric powder
- 1 tablespoon coriander powder
- 1 tablespoon coriander leaves (chopped)
- 2 tablespoons oil
- Clean, skin, wash and cut chicken into medium sized pieces.
- Peel, wash and chop onions. Peel and chop ginger. Remove stem, wash and chop green chillies.
- Heat oil in a pan. Add whole garam masala and bay leaves. Sauté until cardamoms starts to crackle.
- Add chopped onions and cook until translucent and soft. Make sure to stir continuously. Add chopped ginger, garlic paste, turmeric powder, coriander powder and chopped green chillies. Sauté for a minute.
- Add chicken pieces and beaten yogurt and cook on a high heat for 7-8 minutes. Add kasoori methi, garam masala powder, chopped fresh coriander, salt and three fourths cup of water. Cover the pan and cook on a low heat for ten minutes.
- Serve hot.