Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
Chicken in balsamic and capers sauce topped with feta cheese.
- 2 boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into 1 1/2 inch pieces
- 1 teaspoon salt, divided use (optional, I don't use)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon black pepper, divided use
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 2 cups chicken broth, divided use
- 1 cup orzo pasta
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 3 tablespoons minced flat-leaf Italian parsley
- 1⁄4 cup balsamic vinegar
- 1 tablespoon capers, drained
- 6 tablespoons crumbled feta cheese
- Sprinkle chicken with 1/2 tsp salt (optional) and 1/4 tsp pepper, dust chicken with flour.
- Heat oil over medium high heat. Saute chicken about 3 minutes per side or until browned.
- Add garlic and saute about 30 seconds.
- Add 1 cup of chicken broth and boil 1 minute, stirring to scrape up brown bits.
- Lower heat and simmer for 10 minutes.
- Cook orzo in water according to package directions, until al dente.
- Drain, add butter, parsley, and the remaining salt (optional) and pepper and toss.
- In skillet with chicken, increase heat to high and add the remaining cup of chicken stock, vinegar, and capers. Cook about 8 minutes, stirring, until consistency is syrupy.
- Top orzo with chicken mixture and sprinkle with feta.
This is sooooo good! I prepped all of the ingredients ahead of time and it was then so easy to put together. I loved the combination of the balsamic, capers, and feta. Thanks for a nice keeper. Made by an Unruly Under the Influence for ZWT6.
We really enjoyed this recipe for dinner tonight. It was quick and easy, requiring minimal prep, with a nice, complimentary blend of flavors. We especially enjoyed the combination of balsamic, capers and feta. Made as directed and thought it required no modifications--perfect as posted. Served with Green Beans With Lemon-Garlic Seasoning 366059. Made for ZWT6. Thanks!