1/2 Photos of Chicken Messina With Orzo
The Wallaces's Note:
Chicken in balsamic and capers sauce topped with feta cheese.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into 1 1/2 inch pieces
- 1 teaspoon salt, divided use (optional, I don't use)
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper, divided use
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 2 cups chicken broth, divided use
- 1 cup orzo pasta
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 3 tablespoons minced flat-leaf Italian parsley
- 1/4 cup balsamic vinegar
- 1 tablespoon capers, drained
- 6 tablespoons crumbled feta cheese
- 1Sprinkle chicken with 1/2 tsp salt (optional) and 1/4 tsp pepper, dust chicken with flour.
- 2Heat oil over medium high heat. Saute chicken about 3 minutes per side or until browned.
- 3Add garlic and saute about 30 seconds.
- 4Add 1 cup of chicken broth and boil 1 minute, stirring to scrape up brown bits.
- 5Lower heat and simmer for 10 minutes.
- 6Cook orzo in water according to package directions, until al dente.
- 7Drain, add butter, parsley, and the remaining salt (optional) and pepper and toss.
- 8In skillet with chicken, increase heat to high and add the remaining cup of chicken stock, vinegar, and capers. Cook about 8 minutes, stirring, until consistency is syrupy.
- 9Top orzo with chicken mixture and sprinkle with feta.
Browse Our Top Chicken Breast Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Chicken Breast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chicken Messina With Orzo
Serving Size: 1 (283 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 442.9
- Calories from Fat 180
- Total Fat 20.0 g
- Saturated Fat 8.4 g
- Cholesterol 71.9 mg
- Sodium 1387.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 39.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.9 g
- Sugars 4.8 g
- Protein 24.4 g