Prep 10 mins
Cook 5 hrs
From Simple & Delicious, submitted by Shelli McWilliam.
- 5 1⁄4 cups sliced mushrooms
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 3 lbs boneless skinless chicken thighs
- 1 (6 ounce) can tomato paste
- 3⁄4 cup chicken broth
- 1⁄4 cup merlot
- 2 tablespoons quick-cooking tapioca
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons dried basil
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 tablespoons grated parmesan cheese
- hot cooked pasta (optional)
- Place the mushrooms, onion and garlic in a 5-qt. slow cooker. Top with chicken.
- In a small bowl, combine the tomato paste, broth, wine, tapioca, sugar, basil, salt and pepper. Pour over chicken. Cover and cook on low for 5-6 hours or until the chicken is tender.
- Sprinkle with Parmesan; serve with pasta if desired.
We thought this was only OK. Nothing wrong with it...but probably won't make again.
This recipe is fantastic! I substituted chicken breasts for the thighs. My whole family (4 picky kids, too) thought this was delicious. Great to throw in the crockpot on a busy day. Yum!