Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
This was a recipe out of BBC Good Food, and it wone the top recipe for 2002. It uses only 5 ingredients, and is perfect for dinner after a long day at work! Make it for yourself or as a light dinner for two.
- Preheat the grill to high.
- Put the chicken breasts between two plastic food bags and use a meat mallet or rolling pin to bang it to about 1/2 inch thick.
- Heat the oil in a medium nonstick frying pan. Add the chicken and cook for 2 minutes on each side until golden.
- While the chicken cooks, grate the cheese, quarter the tomatoes and mix together.
- Take the chicken from the pan and wipe out the oil with paper towels. (otherwise it will spit under the grill).
- Return the chicken to the pan, and spread each with a teaspoon of pesto, then pile the cheese and tomatoes on top.
- Put under the hot grill for a minute or so (protect the pan handle with tin foil), until the cheese is bubbly.