Recipe by Bobbie
Quick open face sandwich for a hearty lunch. This uses deli chicken breast -- what could be easier. Turkey can be substituted as well.
- 1 slice French bread, toasted and buttered
- 2 -3 slices deli chicken
- 2 slices swiss cheese (or any combination of them) or 2 slices cheddar cheese (or any combination of them) or 2 slices mozzarella cheese (or any combination of them)
- 1⁄3 cup sauerkraut, drained
- 1 slice tomatoes (thin slice)
- 1 dash basil (or a thinly sliced fresh basil leaf)
Directions See How It's Made
- Place bread slice on an ungreased baking sheet.
- Layer with chicken, 1 slice of cheese, sauerkraut and remaining cheese slice.
- Broil 4" from heat for 1-2 minutes or until cheese is melted.
- Transfer to a plate. Lay tomato on top and sprinkle with basil.