Recipe by riffraff
I enjoyed this sandwich at The Smokestack in Thurber, TX. It is a chicken version of the popular patty melt. Sort of a chicken grilled cheese. Prep time includes grilling a chicken breast.
Top Review by marcclakley
Recipe was amazing! Thank you. I am a personal chef and sometimes have too much food as leftovers. This is a perfect way to repurpose my signature chicken dishes. And I agree with the other posters; change up the cheese and the dish is completely different. ????
- 1 slice onion (thick)
- 2 slices rye bread
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 grilled chicken breast
- 2 slices swiss cheese
Directions See How It's Made
- Saute onion in half the butter till golden.
- Set aside.
- Heat non stick pan.
- Spread butter on both slices of bread.
- Place one slice of bread, buttered side down in pre-heated pan.
- Put one slice of cheese, onions, chicken breast, one slice of cheese and then the remaining slice of bread with the buttered side up.
- Continue to cook until bread on bottom is brown and toasty.
- Turn the entire sandwich and toast the other side and wait for cheese to get melty.
- SLice in half and enjoy.