Recipe by HokiesMom
A great find in Simple and Delicious submitted by L. Fritsch. Love the mix of fruit, protein and veggies with a simple dressing!
- 4 cups fresh Baby Spinach
- 2 1⁄2 cups cantaloupe, cubed
- 2 cups cooked chicken, cubed
- 1 medium sweet red pepper, chopped
- 1 medium avocado (ripe)
- 1⁄4 cup sweet onion, chopped
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons canola oil (yes more)
- 4 1⁄2 teaspoons sugar
- 4 1⁄2 teaspoons cider vinegar
- 4 1⁄2 teaspoons ketchup
- 1⁄2 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons salted sunflower seeds (or soy nuts are good)
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large salad bowl, combine all the salad ingredients (not the dressing ingredients).
- In a small bowl, whisk the oil, sugar, vinegar, ketchup, Worcestershire and salt.
- Pour over salad mixture and toss to coat.
- Sprinkle with sunflower seeds or soy nuts. Serve immediately.