Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
I have not met anyone yet who hasn't LOVED this dish. It is from my favorite cookbook, Simply Delicious Cooking. Enjoy! The picture I posted is actually the picture from the cookbook.
- RASPBERRY COULIS: Puree raspberries in a food processor.
- Discard pulp and seeds.
- Using 3 cups of the raspberry juice, mix the cornstarch, sherry and sugar together.
- Heat slowly until sauce thickens.
- Set aside.
- CHICKEN MELBA: Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Pound each breast flat.
- Top with peach slices and cheese.
- Roll to fill the breast, secure with toothpicks if needed.
- Place on a greased sheet and brush chicken with butter.
- Place in oven and bake 15 minutes.
- Pour heavy cream into Raspberry Coulis and simmer 5 minutes.
- Pour sauce over chicken and serve.
Mild flavor, made for a dinner party, guest enjoyed, but the chicken needed to be dorwned in the sauce to give it more flavor. Will try again with some modifications.
How can anyone say that chicken stufffed with peaches and brie, and covered in raspberry sauce, is BLAND? My stars! What sort of food are you used to, guys, Indian curries? NO! This is not bland. It is delicious, and it makes a perfect supper. I give is 5 stars, and I sall make it again (and again!),
First time I made this it was horribly bland, like the boiled chicken cardiac patients used to have to eat. Sauce was great, will use soon on pork tenderloin 2nd time I tried it I first dredged the chicken in flour and lemon pepper with a dash of garlic. I added lemon zest and nutmeg and garlic to the sauce. It was much better, as originally written recipe sounds good but in reality it was too much work for dry flavorless chicken. With modifications it was good, however I doubt I will make this again