Recipe by Trixyinaz
I have not met anyone yet who hasn't LOVED this dish. It is from my favorite cookbook, Simply Delicious Cooking. Enjoy! The picture I posted is actually the picture from the cookbook.
- 6 boneless chicken breasts
- 1 cup peach slices (if using canned, drain well)
- 6 ounces brie cheese
- 2 tablespoons melted butter
- 2 1⁄4 lbs raspberries
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 3 tablespoons sherry wine
- 4 tablespoons fine sugar
- 1⁄2 cup heavy cream
Directions See How It's Made
- RASPBERRY COULIS: Puree raspberries in a food processor.
- Discard pulp and seeds.
- Using 3 cups of the raspberry juice, mix the cornstarch, sherry and sugar together.
- Heat slowly until sauce thickens.
- Set aside.
- CHICKEN MELBA: Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Pound each breast flat.
- Top with peach slices and cheese.
- Roll to fill the breast, secure with toothpicks if needed.
- Place on a greased sheet and brush chicken with butter.
- Place in oven and bake 15 minutes.
- Pour heavy cream into Raspberry Coulis and simmer 5 minutes.
- Pour sauce over chicken and serve.