Prep 20 mins
Cook 30 mins
This recipe came from a lady, named Lisa, a viewer of the Mike and Juliette Show.
- 1 cup vegetable broth
- 2 limes, juice of
- 2 tablespoons olive oil (optional)
- 1⁄2 garlic clove, peeled, finely chopped
- 1 red onion, cut into quarters and sliced thinly crosswise
- 3 boneless skinless chicken breast halves, sliced into strips
- 1 head cauliflower, florets separated and cut small
- 1 lb broccoli, cut into small pieces
- 1 teaspoon salt, more if desired pepper to taste
- 1 lb asparagus, cut into 2 inch pieces
- 1 red pepper, cut into about 2 inch by 1/4 inch strips
- 1 yellow pepper, cut into about 2 inch by 1/4 inch strips
- 1 (8 ounce) box mushrooms, sliced
- 1 roasted red pepper, chopped
- 1 (5 ounce) bag fresh spinach, washed well
- 1⁄2 cup pitted kalamata olive
- 5 ounces feta
- 1 lb whole wheat pasta, cooked according to instructions on box
- 2 basil leaves, thinly sliced
- 2 teaspoons chopped fresh cilantro
- Bring broth lime juice and olive oil, if using to a simmer in a large pan.
- Add Garlic and onions cook for about 3 minutes until onions start to soften, add chicken and simmer for about 10 minutes until chicken is almost done.
- Add cauliflower, broccoli, salt and pepper and cook for about 3 minutes.
- Add the asparagus, red and yellow peppers, the mushrooms.
- Stir in the roasted pepper and simmer until tender about 7 minutes.
- Stir in the spinach and olives.
- Add the feta, cover pan and cook 3 to 4 minutes, until spinach starts to wilt. Adjust seasoning.
- Pour over pasta, sprinkle with basil and cilantro. Enjoy!
Made this tonight for supper and it was terrific. Very clean, simple flavors. I left out the cauliflower and asparagus because I didn't have any. I roasted the red pepper on the grill and it only took a few minutes. I thawed 9 frozen chicken tenders from the bag in the freezer and they came out really tender and moist. Next time, I might try throwing them on the grill with the red pepper. Everything was great and I can't imagine a tastier way to get in your veggies. This made a lot...probably 10 large servings. The leftovers will be fought over around here. Thanks for sharing another great one, flipchef!