1/1 Photo of Chicken Mediterranean for Two
2 hrs 15 mins
I found this while doing a search in the Southern Living website. I printed it out in 2005. At first glance this recipe doesn't look as quick and simple as it is. The 2 hour preparation time is the minimum marinade time of the chicken in the fridge. In fact, this can marinade for up to 24 hours. Also, the cook time doesn't include cooking the pasta because both the chicken and pasta cook about the same time. The chicken can be cubed or sliced. I slice the chicken because that is my family's preference. To prepare four servings, just double all the ingredients listed here except the tomatoes and prepare the same way. I've doubled it and it retains all of its flavor.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1/2 lb chicken breast, skinless boneless, sliced against the grain into strips
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1/4 cup kalamata olive, pitted and chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon dried parsley flakes
- 1/2 teaspoon dried basil, dried
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano, dried
- 1/3 cup feta cheese, crumbled
- 4 ounces penne pasta, cooked
- 1Combine first 3 ingredients in a heavy-duty zip-lock plastic bag. Seal and chill 2 hours.
- 2Cook this chicken mixture (don't drain it) in a large skillet over medium-high heat for about 8 minutes or until the chicken is done; remove from skillet and set aside.
- 3To the empty skillet, add the tomatoes and their juice, olives, parsley, basil, and oregano. Reduce heat, simmer, stirring often for about 7 minutes.
- 4Return chicken to skillet. Sprinkle with the feta cheese, remove from heat. Cover and let stand for 5 minutes so the cheese can melt a little.
- 5Pour over cooked, hot pasta and serve immediately.
Browse Our Top Chicken Breast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chicken Mediterranean for Two
Serving Size: 1 (437 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 2
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 667.1
- Calories from Fat 294
- Total Fat 32.6 g
- Saturated Fat 9.0 g
- Cholesterol 94.8 mg
- Sodium 946.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 62.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 10.0 g
- Sugars 8.7 g
- Protein 33.6 g