1/1 Photo of Chicken Medallions With Sweet Sherry & Mushroom Sauce
From On Demand: A romantic dinner for a romantic evening! Very easy to make - Try to cut the medallions small and pound them thin to make cooking time even shorter. TIP: Put the "show side" down first to grill
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 3/4 lb boneless skinless chicken breast (cut into thin 3-inch medallions)
- salt and pepper (to taste)
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour (to bread as needed)
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1 (10 ounce) package white mushrooms, sliced
- 1/4 cup red onion, finely minced
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/2 cup sweet sherry
- 1 cup prepared beef gravy (use mix or your favorite recipe)
- 2 tablespoons fresh chives, minced
- 1Season the chicken with salt and pepper, and dust with flour. Shake off any excess.
- 2Heat the half butter in a large skillet on medium-high until it stops bubbling.
- 3Add the chicken and cook for about 1 minute on each side until light golden.
- 4Transfer the chicken to a plate and keep warm.
- 5Without cleaning the pan (unless you prefer to do so, but not cleaning will add extra flavor to sauce) add the remaining butter, and heat on medium-high until it stops bubbling.
- 6Add the mushrooms, onion, and garlic. Sauté until the water released from the mushrooms evaporates.
- 7Remove pan from fire.
- 8Add half of the sherry, return to fire and boil for 1 minute.
- 9Add the gravy, and bring to a simmer.
- 10Return the chicken to the skillet along with the remaining sherry and the chives.
- 11Cook for about 3 minutes to heat through and serve.
Browse Our Top Low In... Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Low In... Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chicken Medallions With Sweet Sherry & Mushroom Sauce
Serving Size: 1 (282 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 304.1
- Calories from Fat 103
- Total Fat 11.4 g
- Saturated Fat 6.4 g
- Cholesterol 74.0 mg
- Sodium 448.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 19.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.5 g
- Sugars 1.9 g
- Protein 25.9 g