1/3 Photos of Chicken Medallions with Apples
This is a Beth Elon recipe, and she's never let me down before. This is a great recipe for springtime, and is also kosher for Passover.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 large chicken breast, sliced thinly into 8 to 10 small medallions
- 2 green apples, such as granny smith,peeled and cored
- 5 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 1 stalk celery, thinly sliced
- 1 pinch sugar
- 2 teaspoons red wine vinegar
- 1/2 cup white wine
- 2 cloves
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- salt & freshly ground black pepper
- 1Slice the chicken breasts into medallions.
- 2Put some flour onto a small plate, and brush the medallions lightly with the flour.
- 3Quarter the apples, and, with a large-hole grater, grate 6 of the quarters thickly.
- 4Slice the remaining two quarters thinly.
- 5Put half the olive oil in a large saute pan and saute the chopped onion and sliced celery until the onion is soft, about 3 minutes.
- 6Add the grated apple, mix well, and then add the sliced apples.
- 7Cook for about 2 minutes, mixing gently, then splash in the wine vinegar and 1/4 cup white wine, along with a pinch of sugar.
- 8Add the cloves and cinnamon and cook for another 5 minutes, mixing as the sauce thickens.
- 9Remove from the flame and put the contents into a bowl.
- 10In the same pan, wiped clean, heat the remaining oil and quickly saute the chicken medallions, a few at a time, not more than a minute on each side.
- 11Add salt and freshly ground pepper as they cook.
- 12When finished, put all the medallions back in the pan and add the remaining wine.
- 13When it bubbles, pour over the reserved sauce, heat, and serve immediately.
Browse Our Top Chicken Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chicken Medallions with Apples
Serving Size: 1 (136 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 195.2
- Calories from Fat 122
- Total Fat 13.6 g
- Saturated Fat 2.2 g
- Cholesterol 15.4 mg
- Sodium 22.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 10.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.8 g
- Sugars 7.1 g
- Protein 5.3 g
The following items or measurements are not included: