1/1 Photo of Chicken Medallions in White Wine Reduction
Doesn't Do Dishes's Note:
This was originally a recipe for Beef Tenderloin with Red Wine Reduction that I converted for my daughter who didn't like beef at the time. I serve it with Rissoto and Grilled Asparagus and Carrots. It is a nice easy dinner for 2 on a work night when you don't have a lot of time or energy, but can be multiplied for dinner parties when you want the compliments also without expending a lot of time or energy.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat oven to 500 degrees.
- 2Combine the salt, pepper, and garlic powder in a zip closure bag.
- 3Very lightly oil the chicken with olive oil.
- 4Sprinkle the mixture liberally over all sides of the chicken and press into the meat.
- 5Heat 1 tablespoon olive oil in a heavy ovenproof skillet or roasting pan over medium high heat.
- 6Sear the chicken for a minute or so on all sides, sprinkle with Tarragon.
- 7Add ¼ cup of chicken broth to the skillet (to prevent smoking in the oven and keep meat moist).
- 8Transfer skillet to preheated oven and roast chicken for about 8 to 10 minutes.
- 9Remove skillet from oven; transfer chicken to a cutting board, cover with aluminum foil and allow meat to rest. You can prepare up to this point and hold the meat under the foil for 35– 45 minutes if needed.
- 10Do not wash skillet or discard the roasting juices and bits. With skillet still hot, add the chopped onion and cook for a minute or so. Add ½ cup chicken broth to the skillet, scraping all the caramelized juices and bits with a spoon.
- 11Add the wine and bring to a boil to reduce the volume of the sauce by about half.
- 12If holding the final preparation, stop at this point, cover skillet, and turn heat off.
- 13Just before serving, slice the chicken into ¾” to 1” medallions.
- 14Return skillet to medium high heat, add about 2 tablespoons unsalted butter to the sauce and allow it to melt, taste and if needed adjust with a pinch or salt or pepper.
- 15Return the medallions to the hot pan and gently warm them in the sauce until completely cooked.
- 16Remove the medallions to warmed platter or serving plate, pour sauce over them, and serve.
Browse Our Top Chicken Breast Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Chicken Breast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chicken Medallions in White Wine Reduction
Serving Size: 1 (388 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 2
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 374.3
- Calories from Fat 122
- Total Fat 13.6 g
- Saturated Fat 7.8 g
- Cholesterol 98.9 mg
- Sodium 2698.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 10.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.3 g
- Sugars 3.5 g
- Protein 30.3 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
salt and pepper