Recipe by jonesies
For a picture-perfect plate, serve these saucy meatballs over hot cooked spinach egg noodles. Taken from the "Quick, Healthy and Delicious Cooking" cookbook by BH&G.
- 6 ounces egg noodles
- nonstick spray coating
- 1 egg white, slightly beaten
- 1 (8 ounce) carton plain low-fat yogurt
- 1⁄4 cup dry breadcrumbs
- 2 tablespoons fresh dill or 1 1⁄2 teaspoons dried dill
- 1 teaspoon white wine worcestershire sauce
- 1⁄8 teaspoon pepper
- 12 ounces ground chicken or 12 ounces ground turkey
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 cup reduced-sodium chicken broth
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook noodles according to package directions (do not add salt or oil), keep warm.
- Meanwhile, spray a shallow baking pan with nonstick spray coating; set aside.
- In a medium bowl combine beaten egg white, 2 tablespoons of the yogurt, bread crumbs, worcesteshire sauce, pepper and HALF of the dill.
- Add ground chicken; mix well.
- To form meatballs, drop the chicken mixture by rounded teaspoons into prepared baking pan.
- Bake in a 400 degree oven about 20 minutes or until no pink remains.
- While meatballs bake, in a medium saucepan stir together the remaining yogurt and flour; add broth and remaining dill.
- Cook and stir till thickened and bubbly.
- Cook and stir one minute more.
- Stir in meatballs; heat through.
- Serve over hot noodles.