My husband can't eat tomato-based sauces, so I was trying to come up with something for him to eat when we eat spaghetti. This was it -- the kids even liked it and hubby had to fight them for it! I didn't actually measure the amounts for the meatballs, except the chicken and egg, but I think these are pretty close. I prepared the meatballs earlier in the day, so this was easy to toss together at dinnertime.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
Mushroom Cream Sauce
- 5 tablespoons butter
- 3 tablespoons flour
- 2 1/2-3 cups half-and-half cream
- 5 ounces sliced mushrooms
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 1 teaspoon poultry seasoning
- 1/4 cup asiago cheese
- salt, to taste
- pepper, to taste
- 1 (9 ounce) package cheese tortellini, cooked according to package instructions (I used 5-cheese kind)
- 2Preheat oven to 350.
- 3Lightly mix all meatball ingredients together. Form into golf ball or slightly smaller size balls. Place on foil lined baking sheet and bake for 15-20 minutes, until done.
- 5Melt butter in large skillet, add onion, garlic and mushrooms.
- 6Saute until soft.
- 7Add flour and stir until coated. Let cook 1-2 minutes.
- 8Add half and half, poultry seasoning, salt, pepper and Asiago cheese.
- 9Cook over medium-low heat until slightly thickened.
- 10Add meatballs and cooked tortellini to sauce.
- 11Stir and continue to cook over medium-low heat for about 15 minutes, stirring occasionally to coat meatballs.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chicken Meatballs With Tortellini in Mushroom Cream Sauce
Serving Size: 1 (419 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 734.7
- Calories from Fat 375
- Total Fat 41.6 g
- Saturated Fat 23.6 g
- Cholesterol 252.9 mg
- Sodium 538.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 48.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.2 g
- Sugars 2.4 g
- Protein 41.8 g
The following items or measurements are not included: