Recipe by HEP MEP
Once you try these, you'll never go back to beef meatballs.(Well, maybe YOU will!) I searched all over the Internet for chicken meatballs, and found these on eatchicken.com. The texture is much lighter than regular meatballs,and they are downright tasty! Haven't used beef for spaghetti since,and I found this over 2 years ago. The recipe also came with a sauce, but I figured that everyone has their own favorite marinara sauce already. Enjoy!
Top Review by Tara Colquitt
What I love about Recipezaar is that I can take the remarks and suggestions from members and make a good recipe 'better'. Since I am not an intuitive cook I need to be reminded what goes together. So, thank you to each reviewer. My changes: 2 tbsp parmesan cheese (I didn't want it too cheesy) Italian breadcrumbs 3 cloves garlic 1 tsp each of basil, parsley and oregano (all dried) 1/4 tsp salt (but I will use 1/2 tsp next time; I always cut the salt when possible, but this wasn't overly salty) 1/4 tsp pepper (I will probably increase to 1/2 tsp) Chopped onion (I love onions, so I just chopped some up and added it to the mixture until it looked good!) Baked for 20 min in 350 degree onion. Again, thanks to MEP and everyone's reviews.
- 1 lb ground chicken
- 1 egg
- 1⁄2 cup parmesan cheese
- 1⁄2 cup breadcrumbs
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 teaspoons fresh oregano (or the equivalent dried)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
Directions See How It's Made
- Place ground chicken,egg,1/2 cup Parmesan,bread crumbs, garlic,oregano and 1/2 tsp salt in a medium bowl.
- Knead mixture together with hand till evenly combined.
- Form mixture into 1-inch balls.
- In large non-stick skillet,warm olive oil over high heat.
- Place meatballs in pan,up to 8 at a time,and cook until all sides are browned,approximately 8 minutes for each meatball.
- Remove with slotted spoon,and add to your favorite spaghetti sauce.