Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 0 mins
Cook 30 mins
Using ground chicken breast makes he meatballs lower in fat than wehen using ground beef. If you can't find it, substitute ground turkey breast. This recipe teaches uniformity of size to ensure that all of the meatballs finish cooking at the same time. So delicious!!
FOR THE MEATBALLS
- 3⁄4 cup breadcrumbs, seasoned
- 1⁄2 cup onion, diced
- 1⁄4 cup fresh parmesan cheese, grated
- 1 tablespoon garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon fresh parsley, chopped
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 2 lbs ground chicken breast
- 2 large eggs
- cooking spray
FOR THE SOUP
- 3 cups water
- 3 (14 ounce) cans chicken broth, fat-free, less-sodium
- 2 cups celery, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup green onion, chopped
- 1 (16 ounce) package frozen mixed vegetables
- 1 cup uncooked pasta shells
- 1⁄4 cup fresh parsley, chopped
- FOR THE MEATBALLS: Combine the first 10 ingredients in a bowl; shape mixture into 48 (1-inch) meatballs.
- Place meatballs on a jelly-roll pan coated with cooking spray. Bake 400F for 20 minutes or until done.
- FOR THE SOUP: Bring water and broth to a boil in a Dutch oven. Add celery, onions, and frozen vegetables; cook 10 minutes or until vegetables are tender.
- Add pasta; cook 8 minutes or until done.
- Add meatballs; cook 2 minutes or until thoroughly heated.
- Place 6 meatballs in each of 8 bowls; divide soup among bowl. Sprinkle evenly with parsley.
This was so good! I loved the chicken meatball so much. I followed the recipe exactly.