1/1 Photo of Chicken Meatball Pizza
Pizza and wine really do work well together! Stick to a Cabernet/Merlot Blend - there are plenty to choose from! This pizza has a hint to acid from roasted tomatoes and a bit of creamy cheese from fresh ricotta - not too much of either to over power the wine.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 453.59 g flavored chicken sausage (Roasted Garlic & Herb)
- 118.29 ml whole wheat breadcrumbs
- 2 large tomatoes
- 453.59 g prepared pizza dough, thin crust
- 29.58 ml extra virgin olive oil
- 9.85 ml garlic powder
- 9.85 ml dried oregano
- 9.85 ml salt
- 9.85 ml black pepper
- 59.14 ml parmesan cheese, freshly grated
- 453.59 g fresh ricotta cheese
- 14.79 ml fresh chives, finely diced
- 1Mix chicken sausage and breadcrumbs in a large bowl until well combined. Start forming into small meatballs. Set aside.
- 2Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Slice tomatoes into 1/2 inch slices and place on a cooling rack, on top of a baking sheet. Sprinkle with salt and pepper. Bake for 20-25 minutes until soft in the center and crisp around the edges.
- 3Stretch pizza dough to fit into a baking sheet, leaving a small crust on each edge. Brush with 1 tablespoon olive oil and sprinkle with seasonings, salt and pepper. Bake for 7 minutes until lightly brown.
- 4While crust is baking, brown meatballs in a non-stick skillet with 1 tablespoon olive oil.
- 5Top pre-baked crust with meatballs, tomatoes and sprinkle with parmesan cheese. Bake for 5 minutes until meatballs and crust are finished cooking.
- 6Remove crust from oven. Using a small ice cream scoop, add dollops of ricotta to pizza. Place back in oven and turn off heat. Let sit for 5 minutes in the oven to warm through the ricotta, without cooking it.
- 7Remove from oven, top with chives and serve!
Browse Our Top Chicken Breast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chicken Meatball Pizza
Serving Size: 1 (338 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 3
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 740.9
- Calories from Fat 477
- Total Fat 53.0 g
- Saturated Fat 22.6 g
- Cholesterol 266.3 mg
- Sodium 3377.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 24.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.3 g
- Sugars 6.6 g
- Protein 42.5 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
whole wheat breadcrumbs