Prep 15 mins
Cook 10 mins
Matzoh Brei is mostly eaten as lunch. This however, could be served as a light dinner.
- 2 matzohs
- water, to soak the matzoh in
- 1 onion, sliced
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 1⁄2 bell pepper, green, chopped
- 2 scallions, finely chopped
- 1 cup chicken, cooked and minced
- 4 eggs
- 1 tablespoon oil
- Break the matzohs and soak the pieces in water.
- Drain and squeeze out excess water.
- Saute the onion in the oil until golden.
- Add pepper, cook for 2-3 minutes.
- Add scallions and chicken, cook another 2 minutes.
- Beat the eggs in a separate bowl, add soaked matzohs.
- Add vegetables and chicken.
- Mix well.
- Grease a large skillet with the oil.
- Fry the Brei on both sides until golden.
good combo. kind of like a passover version of Roscoe's Chicken Waffles. I put syrup on mine