Prep 15 mins
Cook 25 mins
Make and share this Chicken Masala recipe from Food.com.
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 cups onions, chopped
- 4 cloves garlic, large
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons garam masala
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons curry powder
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons ground coriander
- 1 teaspoon turmeric
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 (28 ounce) can diced tomatoes with juice
- 1 cup plain yogurt
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 2 lbs chicken breasts, cubed
- 1 (13 1/2 ounce) can unsweetened coconut milk, light
- 1⁄2 cup cilantro, chopped
- 1⁄4 cup green onion, chopped
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons lime juice
- Saute onions in vegetable oil until golden or about 20 minutes.
- Add garlic, garam masala,curry, coriander, turmeric and cayenne pepper and saute for 1 minute.
- Mix canned tomatoes, salt and yogurt in blender or food processor and add to pan.
- Saute chicken until almost done.
- Add coconut milk, cilantro, green onion and lime juice and heat through.
- Add all other ingredients.
- Serve over rice.
- Good with avocado and cashews.
Very good and easy to make. I added some jalepeneo peppers for extra spice in the blender.