Recipe by Outta Here
A tasty chicken and vegie dish, from American Diabetes Association. Feel free to use any combination of fresh vegies equaling 4 cups. Serve with cooked brown rice.
Top Review by Gerry
Your Maryland Chicken made for a great meal on a cold wintry night here in Saskatchewan. Made a half recipe using chicken thighs. Not having fresh beans I upped the carrots and cauliflower and tossed in some broccoli to add color - comes to the table looking as good as it tastes. This is our kind of chicken, the recipe one that will see to repeats. Made for Partying The Diabetic Way.
- 3⁄4 cup all-purpose flour
- fresh ground pepper, to taste
- salt, to taste
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 6 lbs skinless chicken thighs (may be boneless)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 cups low sodium chicken broth
- 1 cup carrot, peeled and diced
- 1 cup cauliflower floret
- 1 cup onion, diced
- 1 cup green beans, diced
Directions See How It's Made
- Place flour, salt, pepper and paprika in a zippered plastic bag.
- Add chicken thighs and shake to coat.
- Add olive oil to a large nonstick skillet and place over medium heat. Add chicken thighs and brown on all sides.
- Add broth, bring to a boil, reduce heat to simmer; cover, and cook 30 minutes.
- Add vegetables, cover and cook until vegetables are tender, about 10 minutes.