This is a Weight Watcher Recipe 4 Pts It is very good as is, I like to add a chopped onion (sauteed with the mushrooms) and fresh rosemary. I serve it with Penne Pasta and a big salad
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 cup fresh mushrooms, sliced
- 1 lb boneless skinless chicken breast, four 4 oz pieces
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1⁄2 teaspoon table salt (more or less to taste)
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1⁄2 cup marsala wine
- 1 1⁄4 cups reduced-sodium beef broth, divided
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons cornstarch
- Heat oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add mushrooms and sauté until tender and releasing liquid, about 5 minutes.
- Meanwhile, place chicken on a plate and season both sides with thyme, salt and pepper. Move mushrooms to outer edge of skillet once cooked. Place chicken in center of skillet and sauté until golden, about 2 to 3 minutes per side.
- Add wine to skillet; simmer 1 minute. Add 3/4 cup of broth and simmer, uncovered, until chicken is tender and cooked through, about 8 minutes.
- Dissolve cornstarch in remaining 1/2 cup of broth in a small bowl; add to skillet. Simmer until sauce thickens, stirring constantly and incorporating mushrooms into the liquid, about 1 minute. Serve chicken with mushroom sauce spooned over top. Yields about 3 ounces of chicken and 1/3 cup of sauce per serving.
This turned out great and you never would guess that it's ww friendly. I used thin cuts of lean chuck steak instead of chicken and it worked very well. Thanks for the recipe!
This will be our go-to recipe for Chicken Marsala from now on! The sauce thickened beautifully. Overall, this was a very easy dish to put together, and the husband couldn't tell it was a WW meal.
Great for a WW recipe.