Prep 15 mins
Cook 12 mins
Very easy to make. Quick too. Serve with a small green salad.
- 2 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 medium carrot, cut into matchsticks
- 1 small red bell pepper, cut into thin slices
- 2 cloves garlic, smashed
- 1⁄3 cup marsala
- 1⁄2 teaspoon thyme
- Pound the chicken breasts until they are about 1/4 inch thick.
- Coat breasts lightly in flour.
- In large skillet heat 1 tbs oil.
- Add carrot and cook about 2 or 3 minutes.
- Add pepper strips, garlic, salt and pepper to taste, and cook stirring about 4 minutes.
- Put on two plates and keep warm.
- In the same skillet, heat the remaining oil, then add chicken and cook about 3 minutes per side, or until pink no longer exists.
- Place chicken on top of veggies.
- Put Marsala and thyme into skillet.
- Heat for a minute, deglazing the pan.
- Pour over chicken and serve.
Enjoyed this recipe, although when I make it again I'll increase the amount of Marsala and keep the Thyme the same. A bit more sauce would have been preferred but overall it was enjoyable.
This was very easy to make. It's tasty, but I felt it was missing something and just couldn't figure out what