Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
This recipe was given to me by my sisters Italian mother-in-law. Everything Elena cooked was so good and this recipe was one of my favorites. Serve with pasta, salad and crusty rolls for an easy delicious dinner
- 1 1⁄2 lbs chicken tenders
- 1⁄2 lemon
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon white pepper
- 1⁄4 cup flour
- 6 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 8 ounces sliced mushrooms
- 3⁄4-1 cup dry marsala wine
- Squeeze the lemon over the chicken and sprinkle with the salt& pepper; Coat with flour.
- In a large skillet, melt three tbsp.
- of the butter, add the mushrooms and cook until wilted.
- Remove mushrooms from skillet and set aside.
- To skillet, add remaining butter& olive oil.
- Add chicken tenders and brown lightly on both sides over moderate heat (5-10 minutes).
- Add mushrooms& wine.
- Cover and simmer 5-10 minutes until chicken is tender.
The flavor of this dish was absolutely superb. I have only one modification to this recipe. In the directions, they have you cook the chicken IN the sauce. When I followed the recipe this way, the breading on the chicken soaked up all of the sauce which resulted in no sauce and a soggy coating on the chicken. I remade this entree again but cooked the chicken in one saute pan and the sauce in another. Then I poured the sauce over the chicken when I served it. The presentation was nicer and it tasted even better. I can't say enough about the taste of this dish though! It is wonderful and was very easy to make. Mary
We had a Chicken Marsala on board Cruise just taken. This recipe is every bit as good if not better! I would increase the sauce a bit as it's delicious. I added just a bit of Bouquet to brown the sauce a bit. Yummy! Served with fresh melons cut up, Alfredo Fettucini and mixed veggies. I also added just a bit of water and flour to thicken a bit more.Thanks for a great tasting recipe! LouLou
Wow, very, very, tasty, EASY, recipe!! I think the half lemon is a bit of a recipe secret. Adds flavor, and keeps the calorie count low!! I will pass this on, great recipe, thank you for sharing. Easy, quick, low calorie, and above all, delicious!!! THANK YOU!!!