Recipe by Denise in NH
This recipe was given to me by my sisters Italian mother-in-law. Everything Elena cooked was so good and this recipe was one of my favorites. Serve with pasta, salad and crusty rolls for an easy delicious dinner
Top Review by Mary Polley
The flavor of this dish was absolutely superb. I have only one modification to this recipe. In the directions, they have you cook the chicken IN the sauce. When I followed the recipe this way, the breading on the chicken soaked up all of the sauce which resulted in no sauce and a soggy coating on the chicken. I remade this entree again but cooked the chicken in one saute pan and the sauce in another. Then I poured the sauce over the chicken when I served it. The presentation was nicer and it tasted even better. I can't say enough about the taste of this dish though! It is wonderful and was very easy to make. Mary
- 1 1⁄2 lbs chicken tenders
- 1⁄2 lemon
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon white pepper
- 1⁄4 cup flour
- 6 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 8 ounces sliced mushrooms
- 3⁄4-1 cup dry marsala wine
Directions See How It's Made
- Squeeze the lemon over the chicken and sprinkle with the salt& pepper; Coat with flour.
- In a large skillet, melt three tbsp.
- of the butter, add the mushrooms and cook until wilted.
- Remove mushrooms from skillet and set aside.
- To skillet, add remaining butter& olive oil.
- Add chicken tenders and brown lightly on both sides over moderate heat (5-10 minutes).
- Add mushrooms& wine.
- Cover and simmer 5-10 minutes until chicken is tender.