1 hr 11 mins
Alan Leonetti's Note:
I first tasted this delicious meal at an upscale Italian restaurant in Ft. Lauderdale, Florida. I then began experimenting from several recipes until I finally developed this wonderful recipe.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 whole boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1 egg (lightly beaten)
- 1/4 cup crushed corn flakes
- 1/8 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1 (8 ounce) package sliced mushrooms
- 1/2 tablespoon chopped basil
- 1 tablespoon crushed rosemary
- 2 cups chicken prepared stuffing (from a box is okay)
- 2 cloves garlic (minced)
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 3/4 cup chicken broth
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1/4 cup dry marsala wine
- 2 tablespoons sherry wine or 2 tablespoons cream sherry
- 2 tablespoons butter (not margarine)
- 1Make a slit in the breasts to form a large pocket.
- 2Beat egg in a large bowl.
- 3Add chicken breasts& coat thoroughly.
- 4Sprinkle thoroughly with crushed corn flakes& cheese.
- 5Fill the chicken breasts with stuffing (secured with wooden toothpicks or just leave the breast open).
- 6Bake in preheated 375 degree oven 45 minutes.
- 7Heat only 1 tablespoon of extra-virgin olive oil in a large non-stick skillet over medium-high heat until hot.
- 8Even if it looks like there isn’t enough oil, do not add any more or the sauce will not turn out right.
- 9It will look better once the butter, broth, wine, sherry& mushrooms are all added.
- 10In the same large skillet, melt the butter& cook mushrooms& garlic for 3 minutes over medium heat.
- 11Sprinkle with salt, pepper, basil& rosemary.
- 12In a bowl, combine broth& cornstarch& mix well.
- 13Add the broth mixture, sherry& wine to skillet.
- 14Increase heat to medium-high& bring to a simmer.
- 15Simmer, uncovered, 2 to 3 minutes or until sauce thickens, stirring occasionally.
- 16Remove the breasts from the oven& remove the toothpicks.
- 17Place the chicken breasts onto the individual plates.
- 18Spoon sauce& mushrooms over chicken breasts& serve.
Browse Our Top Chicken Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Chicken Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chicken Marsala (stuffed)
Serving Size: 1 (813 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 2
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 1016.2
- Calories from Fat 392
- Total Fat 43.6 g
- Saturated Fat 14.5 g
- Cholesterol 278.6 mg
- Sodium 1921.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 62.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 7.3 g
- Sugars 7.8 g
- Protein 72.4 g