Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
I first tasted this delicious meal at an upscale Italian restaurant in Ft. Lauderdale, Florida. I then began experimenting from several recipes until I finally developed this wonderful recipe.
- 2 whole boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1 egg (lightly beaten)
- 1⁄4 cup crushed corn flakes
- 1⁄8 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1 (8 ounce) package sliced mushrooms
- 1⁄2 tablespoon chopped basil
- 1 tablespoon crushed rosemary
- 2 cups chicken prepared stuffing (from a box is okay)
- 2 cloves garlic (minced)
- 1⁄8 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 3⁄4 cup chicken broth
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1⁄4 cup dry marsala wine
- 2 tablespoons sherry wine or 2 tablespoons cream sherry
- 2 tablespoons butter (not margarine)
- Make a slit in the breasts to form a large pocket.
- Beat egg in a large bowl.
- Add chicken breasts& coat thoroughly.
- Sprinkle thoroughly with crushed corn flakes& cheese.
- Fill the chicken breasts with stuffing (secured with wooden toothpicks or just leave the breast open).
- Bake in preheated 375 degree oven 45 minutes.
- Heat only 1 tablespoon of extra-virgin olive oil in a large non-stick skillet over medium-high heat until hot.
- Even if it looks like there isn’t enough oil, do not add any more or the sauce will not turn out right.
- It will look better once the butter, broth, wine, sherry& mushrooms are all added.
- In the same large skillet, melt the butter& cook mushrooms& garlic for 3 minutes over medium heat.
- Sprinkle with salt, pepper, basil& rosemary.
- In a bowl, combine broth& cornstarch& mix well.
- Add the broth mixture, sherry& wine to skillet.
- Increase heat to medium-high& bring to a simmer.
- Simmer, uncovered, 2 to 3 minutes or until sauce thickens, stirring occasionally.
- Remove the breasts from the oven& remove the toothpicks.
- Place the chicken breasts onto the individual plates.
- Spoon sauce& mushrooms over chicken breasts& serve.