1/1 Photo of Chicken Marsala Sandwich
Chris Redden's Note:
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 lb boneless chicken breast
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 1 tablespoon pepper
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 10 ounces sliced mushrooms
- 1/2 cup marsala wine
- 1 loaf Italian bread
- 1/2 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1/2 lb thinly sliced provolone cheese
- 1/2 lb thinly sliced swiss cheese
- 1Season chicken strips or tenders with salt, pepper, onion powder, garlic powder and cayenne pepper to taste.
- 2Grill on a grill or in a grill pan.
- 3Heat olive oil in a skillet and saute mushrooms.
- 4Season mushrooms with the same spices as the chicken.
- 5Finish mushrooms by deglazing the pan with the Marsala wine and allow to reduce until the wine has evaporated.
- 6Meanwhile, take a loaf of Italian bread and invert it.
- 7Cut a"V" wedge out of the bottom of the loaf and set aside.
- 8Into the hollowed out portion of the loaf, sprinkle Parmesan cheese, layer thinly sliced provalone, chicken, Swiss cheese, and mushrooms.
- 9Repeat the layering until it is even with the top of the bread.
- 10Put wedge back in loaf and roll tightly in aluminum foil-- shiny side in.
- 11Bake at 325 for 20 minutes.
- 12Remove and let the loaf rest a few minutes.
- 13Serve by slicing portions on a diagonal.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chicken Marsala Sandwich
Serving Size: 1 (365 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 1076.6
- Calories from Fat 493
- Total Fat 54.7 g
- Saturated Fat 26.6 g
- Cholesterol 175.2 mg
- Sodium 3065.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 51.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.4 g
- Sugars 4.4 g
- Protein 67.6 g