I love the flavor of the marsala cream sauce with the chicken ravioli, proscuitto and asparagus. I have also made this using 3-cheese tortellini and add lightly browned chicken chopped into bite-sized pieces. I don't measure exactly when I make this so feel free to modify the measurements to suit your tastes.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 (14 ounce) bag frozen chicken ravioli, thawed or 2 (8 ounce) packages chicken tortellini
- 1 -2 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 8 ounces fresh sliced mushrooms (optional)
- 2 -3 ounces smoked prosciutto, diced
- 1 -1 1/2 lb asparagus, bias sliced (1 bundle)
- 1 teaspoon sea salt (I omit) (optional)
- freshly cracked black pepper (to taste)
- 1/2-1 cup heavy cream
- 1/4-1/2 cup marsala wine (to taste)
- 2 teaspoons fresh basil, julienned (I usually omit)
- 1/4-1/2 cup freshly grated parmesan cheese
- 1Place chicken ravioli in boiling water for 2 ½ to 3 minutes or according to package directions.
- 2In a heated sauté pan, add oil and butter, cooking the smoked prosciutto until lightly browned. Add mushrooms, asparagus, sea salt (optional), black pepper and sauté for 1-2 minutes, or until mushrooms and asparagus are cooked through.
- 3Add marsala wine, heavy cream, grated Parmesan, julienned basil (optional) and simmer for about 2 to 4 minutes or until sauce has reduced.
- 4Remove chicken ravioli from water and drain well. Add ravioli to sauté pan and toss until coated with sauce.
- 5Place ravioli on platter, pillow side up. Pour sauce evenly over ravioli.
- 6Garnish with fresh fresh basil sprigs and sprinkle with Parmesan cheese.
Browse Our Top Chicken Breast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chicken Marsala Ravioli
Serving Size: 1 (291 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 282.1
- Calories from Fat 180
- Total Fat 20.0 g
- Saturated Fat 10.7 g
- Cholesterol 56.0 mg
- Sodium 190.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 7.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.2 g
- Sugars 2.1 g
- Protein 6.8 g
The following items or measurements are not included: