Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
I love the flavor of the marsala cream sauce with the chicken ravioli, proscuitto and asparagus. I have also made this using 3-cheese tortellini and add lightly browned chicken chopped into bite-sized pieces. I don't measure exactly when I make this so feel free to modify the measurements to suit your tastes.
- 1 (14 ounce) bagfrozen chicken ravioli, thawed or 2 (8 ounce) packageschicken tortellini
- 1 -2 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 8 ounces fresh sliced mushrooms (optional)
- 2 -3 ounces smoked prosciutto, diced
- 1 -1 1⁄2 lb asparagus, bias sliced (1 bundle)
- 1 teaspoon sea salt (I omit) (optional)
- freshly cracked black pepper (to taste)
- 1⁄2-1 cup heavy cream
- 1⁄4-1⁄2 cup marsala wine (to taste)
- 2 teaspoons fresh basil, julienned (I usually omit)
- 1⁄4-1⁄2 cup freshly grated parmesan cheese
- 4 basil sprigs (for garnish, I omit)
- 2 tablespoons freshly grated parmesan cheese (for garnish)
- Place chicken ravioli in boiling water for 2 ½ to 3 minutes or according to package directions.
- In a heated sauté pan, add oil and butter, cooking the smoked prosciutto until lightly browned. Add mushrooms, asparagus, sea salt (optional), black pepper and sauté for 1-2 minutes, or until mushrooms and asparagus are cooked through.
- Add marsala wine, heavy cream, grated Parmesan, julienned basil (optional) and simmer for about 2 to 4 minutes or until sauce has reduced.
- Remove chicken ravioli from water and drain well. Add ravioli to sauté pan and toss until coated with sauce.
- Place ravioli on platter, pillow side up. Pour sauce evenly over ravioli.
- Garnish with fresh fresh basil sprigs and sprinkle with Parmesan cheese.
I had chicken ravioli on hand and wanted something different. This was great. Since I didn't have prosciutto or asparagus, I substituted bacon and green beans. Thank you for an easy tasty recipe.