Recipe by Rinshinomori
This recipe is easy to make with leftover store bought rotisserie chicken, ready-made 2 refrigerated pie crusts for 2 (9 in) pies, frozen steamer mixed vegetables, 1 can of chicken broth along with few more items. Adding Marsala wine and garlic to the mixture really improves the taste of classic chicken pot pie.
- 1 cup yukon gold potato, diced 1/2 inch
- 1⁄2 cup onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1⁄2 cup broccoli, diced 1/2 inch (including stems)
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1⁄3 cup flour
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) chicken broth
- 2 cups frozen mixed vegetables
- 2 cups cooked chicken, shredded and roughly cut
- 2 tablespoons marsala wine
- 1⁄2 teaspoon kosher salt
- pepper, to taste
- 2 (15 ounce) packages refrigerated pie crusts, thawed as directed on box
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat the oven to 425°F.
- In a saucepan or deep skillet place potatoes and enough water to cover the potatoes by 1 inch and boil for 5 minutes on medium heat. Remove and place the potatoes in a colander.
- In a deep skillet add olive oil, onion and garlic on medium heat. Cook for 2 minutes. Add broccoli and cook another 2 minutes.
- Add flour to the skillet and mix well. Cook for about 1 minute. Flour will adhere to the vegetables.
- Add milk, chicken broth, potatoes, chicken, frozen vegetables, Marsala wine, salt, and pepper. Cook on medium low heat for about 10 minutes until mixture thicken a bit. Do not overcook.
- Soon the mixture to the crust lined pie pan (deeper ones work the best). Place the top pie crust, seal edge and flute. Cut 6-8 slits decoratively all around. Cover the edge with aluminum foil to prevent excessive browning the first 20 minutes in the oven.
- Bake 20 minutes and remove the aluminum foil. Continue to bake for additional 15-20 minutes. Remove from oven and let stand 5 minutes before serving.